Wednesday 6 October 2010

Halfway through the week

Just a few more days until the weekend, something we all look forward to.

Been hard at work story boarding an '80s montage sequence for Film Studies homework, so far it is looking adequatly cheesy and motivating, like most other things from the '80s... Be filming that in class tommorow and we may even upload the results if we are pleased with them, so look out for that; should be pretty awesome.

Watched the Illusionist (the 2010 animated film) today, it was pretty good, the art was incrediable and the animation was fluid and beatiful to watch. Although the character were well thought out, they could have been developed a little more, however I did like the communication issues between the two main characters as most of the film is spoken in french or heavy scottich utterances which works really well. I would recommend it to anyone with a love for silent or animated movies, I prefered its predessesor 'Belleville Rendez-vous' (or 'The Triplets of Belleville' if your French, however I doubt you'd be reading this blog if you were) for its quirky and darker sense of humour, but the Illusionist certainly struck an emotional chord with some of the audience I was with so you may want to see it if you feel like being hit with a Europian ending for a change. My verdict: 4/5

Appart from that, I checked out the new Left 4 Dead DLC, 'The Sacrifice' and to be honest, it was ok. For the low price of £0.00 on the PC I can't really argue, some moments were more inspired than others, but as a whole it was a bit bland as there was a lot of running through shipyards... Oh and you also get L4D1's 'No Mercy' which was one of my favorite so its freaking awesome they made an official port of that.

Right, reviews are over, you all have a nice evening, I'm off to bed now as I remember to blog before bed. Wow, that sounds pretty sweet: 'Blog before Bed', might do that, probably not or I won't get round to it, oh well... 

No comments:

Post a Comment