Monday 25 October 2010

Mark's stand-in blog #1

Hello! Seeing as Theo is away in Amsterdam I thought that Dan and I should continue writing the blog for you. Well, it's finally half term after a work-filled start to sixth form and I for one definitely needed the break. Not much is going on when it comes to the filming side of things - I am in the process of editing our test zombie scene and it looks pretty good even though the sugar glass did not work. I shall upload the scene and it's outtakes as soon as they are finished. As avid followers of the website will know - unfortunately my updates are rare!

Yesterday I purchased some "special effects" for our new film including a BB rifle, zombie contact lenses and prosthetic wounds. They all look pretty awesome if you ask me - certainly looking forward to when they arrive. They were purchased with the £100 given to us by the CACP for special effects. We still have a small amount left over and are deciding how to effectively use this - any suggestions?

Watched "Broken Flowers" today - online on lovefilm. It started off pretty dryly and the storyline didn't develop hugely but I felt that Bill Murray was fantastic. The acting is pretty damn good but the ending left me frustrated and uncertain - arguably a positive factor!

Anyway, must be off to bed now but I shall return with another blog later on in the week. I think that Dan and I shall be taking it in turns to do daily updates until Theo's return. Take it easy and enjoy half term :)

No comments:

Post a Comment