Sunday 17 April 2011

I pre-orderd Portal 2

And I am very excited about getting it, it's gonna be so good!

Checked my E-mails at about 8 this morning and was rudely made aware of the fact that I was supposed to be celebrating the st George's Sunday with the scouting association, my day had a noticeable dent put into it as a result. Felt like a big waste of time, it always is which is a bit of a shame but an hour long church service is rather tedious, especially when it is geared toward the 8-12 year olds.

I also watched the Bourne Supremacy today and was thoroughly disappointed. What I liked in Identity was the relationship between Bourne and Marie, it felt organic and real, we also got an insight into Jason Bourne's character as we learnt about him at the same time he did, he was an interesting, charming and at time amusing character to watch. Supremacy basically gave the finger to that logic and made Bourne a dull and boring character who seems totally different to the original and any chance of a further developed relationship between him and Marie were quite literally killed off. The action scenes were awful as the editing was way to fast and it was difficult to keep track of who was doing what. Usually a shaky camera doesn't bug me too much in films but here it was just irritating and did not have the desired effect of putting me in the environment. It's a shame too as I really had some good expectations for the sequel because I was interested in where the plot would go from the first film, I actually thought I was watching Ultimatum by accident at first because I thought I missed something out as somehow the characters moved to India. My favorite part of the movie: when Extreme Ways started playing because it's a great track and it indicates the end of a Bourne film; which is exactly what I was looking forward to.

This weekend gets a 2, I did very little that was amusing and the highlight of the 2 days was Britain's got Talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment