Sunday 3 April 2011

Oh crap... it's Mothers Day

I completely forgot this fact, I never remember these things anyway, fortunately Louis made some truffles for mum and I got away with getting her something by 'indirectly' paying for the sweets, I say this because Louis asked for the money after he took it. Watched two films today, first was The Apartment which essentially invented the modern romantic comedy and it has held up really well thanks to some very tight writing, the humour was at just the right tone and it had a pleasant level of quirk and charm, I'm looking at you: spaghetti tennis ratchett! The second was Mary and Max, the best way to describe it is if you took Wallace and Gromit, Corpse Bride and Bellevile Rendez-vous and threw them into a blender. It had that dark, Burton-esce feeling with totally repulsive looking characters that have more personality than your best mate, absolutely wonderful movie that will totally run the gambit with your emotions; a must see if you love animation.


This weekend gets a... 5, but only because I saw some great films over my short break, the rest of it was pretty average. Anyways, Monday has come round again and I have to revise for a small English test so I had better start on some mind maps, have a good tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment