Monday 4 April 2011

Repeated festivities

Now I  have recovered from the mother day Chinese take-away from yesterday I have to say Happy Birthday to Dad who I am sure has had a good day, we celebrated by watching Let Me In which is an American re-make of the original Swedish horror film Let The Right One In, although it looked pretty good and there were a couple of inspiring camera shots it was overall inferior to the original in pretty much every way, it wasn't a bad film mind but if you had to pick one then I recommend braving the subtitles for a better movie. I also watched Raging Bull which I didn't full appreciate until I read into it, particularly Rodger Ebert's short essay on it. I kind watched through it in a trance, much like I did with Taxi Driver but now I think I understand both films as they are mainly about a characters search for redemption, which is a very cool concept in any film. Raging Bull is really interesting as it isn't really a sports movie as this concept puts off many people so you should watch it with an open mind, De Niro again is amazing, even willing to put on a few pounds to convey the older and fatter version of Jake LeMotta; good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment