Saturday 9 April 2011

What the hell did I just watch?

Brazil... What a weird film. I really liked the atmosphere that the film created and some of the comedy was genuinely charming and humorous but something didn't quite click with me, it just didn't have any scenes that I thought could be considered memorable, I loved the Grand Central dance scene in The Fisher King and the final slow-motion airport sequence in 12 Monkeys was very impressive, but I couldn't find one of these moments in Brazil; perhaps I just have to wait a while to understand some of the symbolism and undertones so I can really appreciate it.

Work was alright today and it's starting to get hot in the house and the rest of the country for that matter. Here's to a good Sunday, I may get some lemonade so I can enjoy it in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment