Sunday 29 May 2011

Bayer 10K

After a really good nights sleep I got myself a bowl of cereal and a slice of bread and honey and headed off for the race that wasn't a race. There were about 1000 people running this year which was a big leap from last time so funneling through the checkpoint was quite difficult to start with but after the crowds dispersed I found my stride. What really helped was the markers informing us how far we had run, at the '3K ran' marker I thought 'Hell Yeah! I got this run under control' and it was that positive attitude that saw me through. For the last 200 meters or so I absolutely sprinted to the end which is an amazing feeling because your legs have already gone numb at that point so you don't feel the extra pain and you get a faster end time, mine was around 1 hour and 6 minutes which is awesome for me. Going to get a well earned rest now, a victory sleep if you will but I think I certainly deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment