Tuesday 3 May 2011

Curb Stomp Carnage

American History X, a film about contemporary America and a reminder as to why Edward Norton is an acting stallion. A very powerful and ironically beautiful film about the easily manipulated youth and middle aged citizens of the USA who are fighting for what they believe their country should be. A little bit of Shawshank and a bit of This Is England mixed with some shocking images (Put your teeth on the curb), it's a damn fine good one. I also saw the Killing today, it must have been very impressive in the early 50's when little films were done with the whole non linear story telling thing but ultimately it wasn't the best Kubrick but still had some memorable moments, I liked the clown mask and the final 5 minutes, but there are now better crime/heist movies.

Woke up today, convinced I needed a shave, as I approached the mirror I convinced myself that I could wait one more day, I then had 10 extra minutes on my hands, so I made myself a morning coffee for a change, felt like a boss as I sat there sipping away reading my cereal box. May repeat the trick tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment