Monday 30 May 2011

Oversleeping sucks

I woke up at quarter to 10 this morning which really annoyed me because I like waking up early so I can actually do things in the morning, guess I just got to get to bed earlier.

Saw an Indie film called Brick today which was basically a noir film brought into the modern era, a bit like Chinatown if it were in high school, although it played the genre conventions well, that was exactly what bugged me, I couldn't keep up with the film's lingo or jargon and it moved a little too fast for me. The acting and story was decent but I wouldn't call it essential viewing. I also watched United 93 which was very moving since it's based on a true story about the 4th 9/11 plane that didn't hit it's target. Greengrass returns here with his shaky camera but here it fitted perfectly unlike with the Bourne films as it gave it a genuine sense of realism and tension during the later scenes. Although we know none of the characters by name we ultimately respect and feared for the people on that plane, listening to their final phonecalls to their loved ones and prayers for salvation, it was genuinely very powerful and got me thinking deeply about the lives of the real victims; now that is a sign of a good movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment