Sunday 22 May 2011

A long run today

I think I have got back into the knack of long distance running as I was able to do a 10K this morning in the lovely British countryside along the canals which made me really want to go on a canal boat holiday, but maybe next year, the important thing is that I accomplished a good distance.

A very interesting film is Do the Right Thing, my second Spike Lee film, however the first was Four Little Girls which is a documentary so it doesn't really count, this had a very interesting visual style with the whole day in a life thing which I really appreciate, especially here as we really got to know all of the characters whom we soon find out that none of them are perfect. The tension builds until it eventually erupts towards the end, as satisfying and emotional sequence I thought which contrasted well with the first hour of the film, I also appreciated the 'Love Hate' reference from The Night of the Hunter which I saw as a huge coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment