Saturday 7 May 2011

Damn you Rain!

I was woken up at 2:30 by the second loudest clap of thunder I have ever heard, I sat up and though 'damn, that was loud' and proptly fell back to sleep. It had been raining continuiously until I got out of bed in the morning and had a large downpour while I was walking to work. 'This is nice,' thought I as I was holding an umbrella, 'I quite like the rain and it's good to see we are finally getting some.' Had to jump a few puddles but otherwise it wasn't so bad.

Work was fine today, had to dismantle a double bed and walk it to someones appartment, good deed of the day methinks. I stupidly thought I could out-do last times toasie by having a ridiculous amount of meat filling in it, so much I couldn't count, nor could we toastie it effectivly as it was too big for the machine we were using, bearing in mind this was my 3rd toastie of the day I was in for a beast. 20 minute later I sat there chewing by my lonesome and spiraled into an odd period of self loatheing. 'Oh God I hate myself, I alwasy do dumb stuff like this, a combined total of 1150 calories?! How the Hell am I gonna burn this off?' I finally finished the thing and my stomuch didn't settle for a couple of hours when assisted by 4 pints of water. At least it was sunny on the way home and I bought a PS2 with 6 games (not great ones), 2 memory cards and 3 controllers for just £8, bloody good deal!

Getting home it turned out that all of the controllers were 3rd party weird ones, only one was a wired one which had the cable almost chewed through so the analoge is permanatly set to 'down' which makes games unplayable. One of the memory cards was acctually a wireless reciever for one of the two wireless controllers, opening them up I discoved, to my horror, that they require 4 triple A batteries to work. Sod that.

Finally I was invited to a friends house who lives 2.5 miles away. 'I got this!' I told myself bravely, grabbing my bike so it wouldn't take too long. Stepping out the door Mum tells me to bring a coat. I pause. look outside. Sunny. 'Lol, it won't rain!'

Arriving at my friend's house he ttells me we were going to watch a film, of course that didn't happen but I had a fun time either way. By 8pm it starts raining but I tell mysle fthat it will soon pass as it was just light drizzle, I would leave when it died down a bit; seat will be a bit wet but whatever. 10:30 and it is still raining and I am feeling particulary stupid for not taking a coat, I decide to brave the weather, cramming my new hoodie into a water proof bag so as not to be harmed I set outside and into the horrible weather. Splat! 'Oh crap, the seat was wet, now I've got a wet bum.'

It felt like a monsoon as I rapidly peddled my way home, I couldn't see a thing in the unlit street areas and there was really bad grip for the bike tires, I felt really unsafe and swore to myself for the first 5 minutes, worst of all, some right moose properly drenched me in their car; didn't really matter because I was at that point where I couldn't get any wetter. Approching home was like finding the Holy Grail, it felt so good when I finally got in and out of the soaked clothes (the hoodies was fine.) Now I am going to bed as it has felt like a long day and hopefully that cycle ride burnt off most of that toastie.    

2 comments:

  1. Just hit 'spellcheck,' not a single mistake in the whole thing on my first try! Proud of myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...

    1. "sat up and though 'damn"
    2. "and proptly fell back to sleep"
    3. "raining continuiously"
    4. "20 minute later"
    5. "spiraled into an odd period"
    6. "self loatheing"
    7. "I alwasy do dumb stuff"
    8. "and my stomuch"
    9. "so the analoge is permanatly"
    10. "was acctually"
    11. "he ttells me"
    12. "I tell mysle fthat"
    13. "feeling particulary stupid"
    14. "Approching home"
    15. "the hoodies was fine"

    -Sorry to burst your bubble

    ReplyDelete