Sunday 14 June 2015

Braai

Re-started watching Game of Thrones for the second time now. I have finally seen the first episode without being drunk or too tired to care and I must say I quite enjoyed it. I'll most certainly be watching a lot more of it over the rest of the Summer. Otherwise I've been chilling with Louis and his girlfriend and just been playing games together with is always a lot of fun, the new Towerfall expansion is a lot of fun and with the promise of a lot of Smash Bros DLC coming out tomorrow (including all the leaked stuff) then tomorrow should be a good time as well.

Headed down to a South African Braai tonight, admittedly heading in I was a tad dubious as once we sat down the event was being treated like a quiz night. Typically I would be ok with that, but all the questions were themed around South Africa and you really needed an inside knowledge of the country to be able to answer any of the questions with a degree of confidence. Fortunately, the food more than made up for our inability to answer anything in the quiz. 3 Courses, many options and a steak that was far better than expected at such a small event. Really tasty food, I went up for seconds on nearly every course in fact, it certainly got me interested in South African cuisine anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment