Sunday 28 June 2015

Bye Bye Stanfield

Mark told me the other day that he re-read my blog entry on the day we moved out of Frederica road about this time last year. He mentioned how nicely written it was and how it made him nostalgic about living together those many moons ago. Packing up my belongings for the last time in Stanfield road I thought again about what Mark said and I begun to wonder if I will have a similar fondness of Stanfield. 'Not really' I thought.

Outside of my housemates of course, they were all good fun. But when it came down to the house itself I couldn't really think of a redeeming quality. My room was pokey, the kitchen was perpetually dank and the whole house was faintly musty. Onward and upwards I suppose! Treading back into Frederica today, I took a moment to sink back into the living room and the sofas there and rediscovered how right that felt. September will be a literal homecoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment