Monday 8 June 2015

Summer Ball and Packing

Finished up my second year in style at the 2015 Bournemouth Summer Ball. I went along with my girlfriend and her housemates to a few pre-drinks before hand and I must say it did feel a little bit odd seeing every student walking up and down town in fancy dress and getting drunk at 2pm. Guess thats what you gotta do if you are attending the big Summer event. I didn't go last year but I got my first dose of a festival last night, piling into music tents and quaffing back pints from the beer stand. By far the best thing there was the free bumper cars though, we got a few rounds of that in before resigning ourselves to dancing the night away in the main music tent.

Sigma, the big headliners was all that anyone talked about. They have a couple of number 1 hit under their belt so they were meant to be the heavyweights of the Summer Ball. But they were unanimously underwhelming compared to the act that preceded them: Sunset Sons. These guys didn't just rock up with a mixing board and press play on some really obvious pop songs, these guys came with their drums and guitars and did it old school and played some live rock music for us. They blew everyone away too thanks to a real sense of energy from the performers, putting the big stars to shame too.

Planned on using today as a recovery day but I woke up feeling remarkably refreshed, so I figured I should get down to the big pack up of my house. Got a fair bit done too, clothes, DVDs and Nerf guns are all packed now. Essentials really. The other half is waiting to be done tomorrow since I got called out to have a picnic with Rebecca and co. We played rounders in the park for the second time this week and while I haven't played in a fair old while, it is safe to say that I bossed it with some good hits and better catches. It was a little sad leaving Rebecca's house tonight as I figured that it would almost certainly be the last time I set foot in their home and do the walk between houses. They had such a cosy student house, I can even remember the day they moved in and thinking how nice it was there.   

No comments:

Post a Comment