Wednesday 24 June 2015

The Witcher 1

Just had one of those rare evenings where I just couldn't put a game down until I finished it. The original Witcher game really surprised me. I first attempted playing it way back in 2012 and recall being drawn in by its characters and world building but somehow lost momentum with it and I was reluctant to re-learn the lore and sword-fighting techniques. As a result it has been sitting in my Steam library for a long old while. Now that the third  Witcher game has been released with rave reviews, I thought it was time to revisit this old chestnut and I feel foolish for not giving it a proper chance first time around.

This is the game I have been waiting for. The last game to have provided such a good experience was Bioshock Infinite, it's been two years since I've said 'Wow' about a game. Everyone says that the first Witcher game is also the worst, so I cannot wait to see what lies in store when I start the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment