Saturday 17 November 2018

Explosive Internet

I know this is a totally unoriginal statement, but since the internet chap came in to install our faster internet it feels like we've stepped into the 21st century. At least it felt like that after we got through the massive ordeal that came with getting it set up today. Long story short, they changed the code to the building's internet cupboard without telling us so we had to go through a daisy chain of phone numbers until we finally got the right one. It's all good now through, I christened the WiFi by downloading a large game as tears of joy rolled down my cheeks as I marvelled at the new download speeds.

Managed to squeeze in a driving lesson today too which went rather well considering its been a little while since my last time on the road. Rebecca and I also headed up to a friends house to watch a proper firework display - first one I've seen all year! It was a local primary school event but the friend's garden conveniently backed right onto the field where the display was happening. What made me smile was just how many new types of fireworks I saw at this cute little event, there were ones that started flying slowly then they picked up speed dramatically and there were ones that exploded with a ring around them, they looked just like Saturn for a fleeting moment. Chuffed I got to finally see a firework display, they always manage to make me feel like a kid again, marvelling at something so loud and so pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment