Sunday 18 November 2018

Great Company and Great TV

Whipped up a batch of my, now signature apple and cinnamon porridge for Rebecca and me and that put us on the right track for another easy going but lovely day. We headed out to a friend's house for an afternoon of board games and cake, even got a cheeky can of Irn Bru while we were there (still not a fan). In recent times I felt like I'd graduated from the realm of traditional and familiar board games, but today proved that I still have a little soft spot for Cluedo. I've got in the habit of playing it like Mum used to, by constructing an elaborate spreadsheet of information to keep tabs on any new clues. After building up a solid base of Intel, I begun to march my character back to the centre of the board to make my big accusation to win the game, rolling a 1 meant I was 1 square away from victory after a friend beat me to the punch - I was livid since Mum's technique definitely works but there is still a big luck factor you need to consider which really holds the game back.

We returned home in the evening to settle into some remarkably good TV. Dynasties was up first, a David Attenborough nature documentary series and this episode was all about penguins. Generate speaking it was all familiar territory (if you've seen one penguin doc you've seen them all) but this one had a bit if an edge since it managed to capture a remarkable sequence where mother penguins and their young ones fall into a ravine, it turned a well worn bit of nature into something quite tense. Since I'm a sucker for Louis Theroux show we saw his new Altered State episode about assisted dying which was harrowing and thought provoking, one of the best things I've seen him in.

No comments:

Post a Comment