Saturday 10 November 2018

Widows

Had a proper little play date afternoon with Mark and Louis playing board games, drinking beers and just generally taking it easy - this marks the first day in a little while where I could really just switch off for a little bit and I already feel much more rested.

Louis suggested we all go out to see Widows in the evening and it turned out to be a film I wish I enjoyed more. On a technical level, it was pretty flawless, incredible performances, impressive camera work and a Hans Zimmerman score, but even with all that the film felt a little cold and distant at times. It sets up a good bunch of lead characters but somehow I didn't really care too much about their plight. Maybe some characters didn't get enough screen time, or maybe they needed a smidgeon more characterization. So a good, but not great film in my opinion, its like Oceans 8 meets Heat and now that I'm thinking about it, I just really want to rewatch Heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment