Monday 12 November 2018

La Strada

This cold I've got is holding in for dear life. I'm basically over the worst of it, but my ears are still rather blocked up, which isn't ideal for when I need to listen our to what coffees people want to order. My energy levels have also been totally sapped, once I got home I just collapsed in a heap and seriously considered having a nap - this is coming from a man who doesn't nap.

Since I was in a loliping mood, I put on another old movie this evening, this time it was La Strada, it's also the first Fellini film I've seen since he's probably the most famous director I hadn't engaged with until tonight. I ended up really enjoying this one, it was hard not to fall in love with Giulietta Masina's artichoke-like face and have your heart broken whenever she endured a hard knock. Perhaps I should give some other of Fellini's films a watch...

No comments:

Post a Comment