Monday 25 February 2019

3 Trucks

Just as I was gearing up to go out for work the worst possible thing happened as the fire alarm went off. All the flats begun slowly evacuating while I stood there clutching Rebecca's teddy bear (the only thing worth saving in our flat) waiting for the blaring alarm to turn off. I was stood outside with my distant neighbours for quite some time, eventually I was beginning to think the whole thing was a bit of a waste of time, then three fire trucks turned up. Waited around for some firemen to survey the scene, eventually they gave us the all clear and I could then crack on with my day. Still, it was a bit of a hairy encounter.

The rest of my day was comparatively normal, after finishing work though I met up with my old manager for drinks. Rebecca tagged along too so was all had a pretty lovely Monday night out. Learnt my lesson from last time and didn't drink too much either, which is just as well since I'm doing the early shift first thing tomorrow. Lend a small though to me whenever you wake up, 'cus I'll be awake at 4:55 tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment