Wednesday 27 February 2019

Condensed Milk

To counter the slow day at work I brought in some condensed milk so we could all make some Vietnamese iced coffee. It's been ages since I bought a tin of that stuff, it always reminds me of Dad putting it on his porridge or this amusing bit from Winne the Pooh:

"Pooh always liked a little something at eleven o'clock in the morning, and he was very glad to see Rabbit getting out the plates and mugs; and when Rabbit said, 'Honey or condensed milk with your bread?' he was so excited that he said, 'Both,' and then, so as not to seem greedy, he added, 'But don't bother about the bread, please.'"
Makes me chuckle everytime.

As I mentioned earlier though, the day crawled along and it was in no way helped by the lovely weather outside that was taunting me with it's beauty. 'Come frolic with me' beckoned the Sun. 'I would, but there are so many Babycinos I have to make' said me. When it was finally quitting time I got to enjoy some lingering rays as I walked home. The hot air reminded me of warmer times and spending time outdoors again, I'm ready for Summer now, BBQ's, garden games and T-shirts, I want the whole shebang. I know I'm only setting myself up to fail by thinking of these things in February, but a man can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment