Sunday 10 February 2019

Sick Like a Dog

No blog last night on account for me being horrendously sick. I went through the whole day at work feeling A-OK, but the moment I stepped into Asda to do some shopping I knew I didn't feel quite right. The rest of last night was a bit of a blur, a steady cycle of being sick, falling asleep, being sick, falling asleep. I actually don't think I've been this ill in six years so the whole experience really knocked me back. Woke up today with a meager appetite still but overall much better, I took it easy for the whole day and that's already done me a power of good.

Much later on this evening we headed out to celebrate what we dubbed 'Rebecca's Second Birthday' as we got a chance to meet up with friends and go for drinks. Even though I wasn't feeling 100% it was a really lovely evening, hadn't seen Mark and Lucy properly since New Years so it was great to catch up with them. I shared a bowl of dirty fries with Rebecca too as my appetite gradually returned and they were just what the doctor ordered.

Just want to take this opportunity to also say how wonderful Rebecca has been during my illness. Her bedside manner was second to none and she had the patience of a saint, my recovery was made all the swifter thanks largely to her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment