Friday 1 February 2019

Playing the Parent

As promised, here's my latest video where I take a look at how parents are best represented in games. Just want to give a very quick acknowledgement to my own parents alongside the video, playing some of these games probably emulated 1% of the total stresses and hassles that came with bringing up me and my brother. I can empathise with their efforts as parents a little more thanks to these games and all I can say to them is thank you.


Outside of the publishing the video though my day was busy. The snow was endearing for a good portion of the morning, I left the flat at about 5:30 this morning so I got to appreciate a lot of pristine snow on my early walk. As soon as the schools were announced as closed I knew our shop was about to get rammed with people. And we did. We looked more like an Alpine bar than a cafe at one point with all the snow and woolly hats. I was very glad when my shift was finally over.

From one crowded space to another, Rebecca and I headed out to go see a live music show in town. One of her favourite bands White Lies were playing so we joined in with a mass gaggle of music fans to raise our hands and clap our hands. It was a pretty good show too, lotta good energy and good fans made it worthwhile, the band clearly appreciated our attendance too - it always feels good to be needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment