Tuesday 9 July 2019

Pearl Harbor

Louis and I are thinking about signing up for a Smash Brother's tournament in Bristol, so that means we gotta get some practice in! I swung by his place for a few rounds while he was on his lunch break and we enthused about attending the tourney. I'm excited to sign up just so I can meet a few more passionate players in Bristol, who knows, could make some new friends there.

Speaking of friends, a few of Rebecca's chums popped round this evening to dine on my hand-cut carrot sticks and to watch Pearl Harbor. Now, I've always mocked this film with little basis, like High School Musical a lot of people like to point and laugh at these movies. Pearl Harbor was by no means a masterpiece, in fact it's a bloated, plodding work of fiction attached to a significant event, but it doesn't deserve hate. I already knew it was going to be a cheesy romance film with a bit of war thrown in so I was in a position to lean into the punch. Glad I finally saw it though so I could make my own opinions on it, makes this song an awful lot funnier now too.


No comments:

Post a Comment