Friday 29 December 2023

Clash of the Families

There's often an awkward juggling act Rebecca and I need to do around this time in the Christmas holidays. The clash of the family events! We started off in Newbury with my Mum's side of the family, it was a significantly smaller shindig this year. No young cousins to talk to about Dr Who and Roblox, just the older crowd chatting about parking tickets and bypass operations.

The clock struck the hour and next thing I knew I was driving us up to London to spend some time with Rebecca's Uncle and Aunt. Her cousin brought her fiance along too, we got a wedding invite so a lot of the evening was spent learning about tasting sessions and venue selections. Plenty of warm family vibes from both gatherings, the one thing I've learnt is that I'm knackered from all the Christmas socializing. Tonight marks the final thing before I'm back in Bristol - Rebecca and I already can't wait to be sofa vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment