Sunday 10 December 2023

Tree Fest 2023

Our traditional trip to Tree Fest this year included a few chums if ours who I thought would get a kick out of the event. Turns out my hunch was right - they loved it and all the wacky, original trees that came with it. I don't think there were any standouts this year but it's just another thing to help get me in the spirit of things. That and mulled wine of course, we were lucky enough to get the last goblet of the good stuff before they ran dry.

I had to drink and dash though as I had another social appointment at The Cube, a microplex cinema that screen some oldies. A friend said he was going to see The Night of the Hunter and I couldn't resist. Watching it again I was reminded of why I love it so much. The ethereal direction, the eerie silhouette of the murderous preacher and the frequently jaw dropping cinematography. I think I've only even seen the film alone so to share that moment with a few dozen others was such a wonderful way to spend 90 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment