Wednesday 20 December 2023

Mince Pie Master

Left home with an empty rucksack, came home looking like Santa with a bulging backpack. Christmas shopping with Rebecca went better than we had hoped, round two tomorrow commences at the mall, no doubt it's going to be heaving with last minute shoppers, guess there's some humility to that.

In keeping with tradition we also made mince pies. After 4 years of totally bungling shirt crust pastry I decided that instead of doing the same thing again and hoping for the best, I re-educated myself at what to do. Long story short, I always overworked the dough in the past. This time however I treated it like radioactive waste, touching it only when absolutely necessary and the results speak for themselves. At last, I've cracked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment