Monday 11 December 2023

Meet me in St Louis

Totally forgot the new Internet chap was coming at early o'clock this morning. I had to answer the door in my pyjamas and the guy looked me up and down as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes - thank goodness he had a loud knock! Thank goodness he sorted it all out too because, so far, our wifi feels much more stable. It's been causing no end of grief to Rebecca as she works from home, the shame of her running downstairs into the room with the router shall hopefully be no more!

In my endless quest to see all the Christmas films, we sat down to watch Meet Me in St Louis tonight. At least, 20% of it was Christmas, otherwise it was a slice of rich life in the Midwest, complete with a big house, snippy maids and kooky younger daughters. It didn't quite have the charm or magic I had hoped for and the plot/stakes didn't fully materialise until the halfway point. But the Technicolor look and the upbeat songs do make it bizarrely nostalgic.

No comments:

Post a Comment