Tuesday 6 September 2011

Back at school

I was dreading having to go back into school today, despite getting the morning off I felt no motivation whatsoever to go in and work. After getting a ride in with Mark we went into our tutor rooms and were told that we would not have any lessons, instead we would have plenty of tutor time, most of which comprised of looking at old photos of peers and figuring out our new time tables. We also did something called speed mating, basically as the new year 13's we were tasked with comforting and giving first hand experience to the new 6th formers, no one took it too seriously however so we just had a small understanding of what everyones subjects were.

I watched 2 very good films today, the first being Life is Beutiful which I crammed in just before school, it was highly enjoyable and very moving at times. It is a movie of two halves however and I felt that the first hour was the stronger one, but it was paired together well and the story of the Father was quite lovely. This evening I saw All About Eve, every character performed flawlessly, the story was a cynical look towards fame and stardom and the ending is perfect. The slimey colloumist Addison was my favorite character and his part towards the conclusion was delightful and forceful. The film still stands up and I will probably recommend it to Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment