Tuesday 13 September 2011

Bit part

It's official, me, Dan and Mark are all going to be extras in a wedding video of some sort, Mark hasn't told me many of the details but it sounds like semi decent work an we get paid! We only work for 2 days but it will certainly be a good experience, our first day is on Friday. I also think my cold has hit it's peak today as my nose was dripping like a tap at one point, plus I forgot to bring in a tissue so more cack-handed (quite literally) nose wiping ensued.

I did watch a film today that completely boosted my moods, Harold Lloyd's Safety Last is a 1923 silent comedy immortalized with the image of Lloyd hanging on for dear life on a clock hand. Although we didn't have a DVD copy of the film, with a little searching I found a totally legit Chinese website where I could watch a streamed version of the film, after watching some adverts for some Asian tasty cookies I sat back and really enjoyed what I saw. During some scenes I was laughing out loud, in others, particularly the climax I was cringing at every moment of teased danger keeping me thoroughly engaged and entertained throughout. I would defiantly recommend this one if you are feeling ill, it really lifts your spirits and makes you feel like you have watched an important part of cinema history.

No comments:

Post a Comment