Wednesday 14 September 2011

Field of nightmares

I had a rubbish time at explorers today, essentially we cleared and overgrown field, most of it was large bushes/trees, mainly consisting of hawthorn, sloe berry bushes and brambles; a combination of all of natures most prickly plants and I forgot my gardening gloves. I was forced to feebly attack roots with a large rake instead although this meant I was rather unhelpful which my peers consistently reminded me of, but at least we cleared a fair bit but it would feel so much more satisfying knowing that we won't have to came back in a years time because the owner didn't do the best job caring for the field.

I sat down today to watch the original Ladykillers, got my lunch all made and warmed, prepared myself a coffee and a coke, ready to watch the film. The DVD had other plans and instead refused to turn off the German subtitles, I put up with them for a good 2 minutes and just decided to watch The Lavender Hill Mob instead, which was really good. I generally like heist movies, but this one was slightly different as it was mainly what the criminals did after the robbery where the films main focus was, it was also one of Alec Guinness' first films where he had a starring role, you may know him better as Obi-Wan Kenobi. There was an absolutely shining sequence where the characters are chasing some young girls from the top of the Eiffel Tower to the docks, showing some great satire of travel security and an hilarious case of mistranslation. I really like this film for some reason, I can't quite explain it so I would just say watch it, its only 78 minutes long and really entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment