Tuesday 20 September 2011

Rooftop bouncing

I finished Ghost World early this morning and really enjoyed it, I should probably check out some of the other graphic novels in the library. I will probably be spending most of tomorrow working on my film coursework draft so that will be fun, at least I am humbled by the fact that I am further than Mark.

After searching for our copy of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon I finally found it under 'C,' I was really in the mood for a good martial arts film but I felt that it only partly delivered. Some of the fight scenes were very impressive and the settings looked nice, but ultimately I really didn't care about any of the characters or their motives, I felt like I hardly knew them. Whenever there wasn't on-screen fighting I found myself rather bored as the plot wasn't very deep but when the martial arts got going it was impressive... then went back downhill. Personally I think Hero is a much better film so I would highly recommend that rather than what I just watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment