Wednesday 7 September 2011

Vinyl

We dusted off the old record player today and set it up in Louis' room since he is the musical lad. The sound quality is way better than I expected and it acctually feels better listening to older songs on it, feels retro and warm. Comming into school today was a bit of a waste of time as is turns out my only lesson for the day was cancelled due to my teacher having an ear infection, that meant another easy day for me so yay for that. We also have a radio meeting tomorrow where we will reveal what our intended timetable is, very exciting stuff in theory I just hope that we will be able to record our broadcasts so we can make them podcasts on our site.

I'm not sure why, but I was just in the mood for a decent space movie, I settled on Danny Boyle's Sunshine which really surprised me because it was pretty damn good, the visuals were stunning and the performances were very good. Some people may be put off by the final half our of the film but I honestly didn't mind it too much, my heart was genually racing during some scenes but I wouldn't go so far to call the film a horror as some others have. Good concept, moments of beauty, and good performances, it's what I have come to expect from a Danny Boyle film; and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment