Sunday 11 September 2011

Birthday boxing day?

I tried this excuse for getting away with not having to clean out the chickens, turns out it doesn't work. Spent most of today trying to organize Mark's birthday present to me, the bb shotgun I wanted is out of stock everywhere, except for the States but shipping is horrendously expensive so for now we play the waiting game until they come back in stock.

Yesterday I also got a best of the Ealing Comedies so we sat down to watch Passport to Pimlico, a film that almost made me proud to be British. Although not as funny as I hoped, it certainly had some very good imagery towards the end due to its own take on rationing and the Berlin Blockade. The sound quality and dialect initially made it very hard to understand but after the hump it was easy to get into the swing of things. I would recommend this one to anyone with an interest in after war Britain or just looking for a short British film that will make them chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment