Monday 19 September 2011

Havin' fun isn't hard...

After feeling like utter crap at school today due to a lovely combination of head-aches and tiredness I did something a little bit out of the ordinary and headed into town to see my girlfriend. Taking my bike was apparently the wrong decision as my wheels were very deflated, it was perilous going in straight lines, let alone manoeuvre around dog walkers and other cyclists. After meeting up we decided to go to the library because it was warmer there, what started with me looking for the Sandman volume 1 (Nocturnes and Preludes) ended up with me filling out an application for a library card and taking out Ghost World; I can't remember the last time I was even in that library!

I finished off my Ealing comedy collection today, it turned out we had a seperate copy of the Ladykillers that didn't have the pesistant German subtitles. It started off a little slowly and Alec Guiness was practically unrecognizable save for his voice but the film really picked up at the very end as once again money and betrayal go hand in hand. Not my favorite Ealing comedy admittedly, but it had it's moments, it was good to see a very young Peter Sellers but now I am very curious to see the Coen Brother adaptation of the film, although I have been told by most to steer clear of that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment