Tuesday 30 March 2021

A Busy Whirlwind

Birdsong filled my ears as I awoke in the Devon countryside. I made a pot of coffee and had a leisurely breakfast while thinking about what good weather we were due today. I remember thinking 'today is going to be a good day'. Instead, it was manic busy for the next 11 hours. There was always something more for me to do as the goalposts kept shifting for me. If I wasn't rushing to try and sort something out, I was rushing to change plans on arrangements that fell through. 

Thankfully, it was busy for all of us and we all acknowledged just how horrific today was. To treat ourselves we headed to the only open fish and chip shop in the village and headed ti the coast to watch the sunset. A surprisingly calm way to finish a whirlwind of a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment