Sunday 7 March 2021

That's a Wrap - The Last Bus

I hung around a gaggle of people all silently watching monitors and listening out for the 1st AD's call outs. Every single one of us there were waiting for the infamous phrase to echo out. 'That's a Wrap' he politely declared as a roar of applause and elbow bumping came from the once tame crowd. It's over. 7 months of hard work have all been building to this exact moment. Now that its here I hardly knew what to do with myself other than stare in giddy joy at all the people around me merry making after working on something bigger than themselves. The ultimate bittersweet moment. The closing sentiment of Nostalgia by The Chameleons rung out once again in my mind: 'Tomorrow Remember Yesterday'. Mark and I most certainly will.

I brought a few farewell gifts for my team and the AD team who so kindly took me under their wing during my Runner days. My work on the project isn't done though, I'm back in first thing tomorrow to de rig costume bits, but the buzz of wrapping will keep me going well unto next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment