Saturday 20 March 2021

I Care A Lot

Ah, waking up in my own bed feels nice. Making breakfast with Rebecca is nice too. Gaming with Mark and Dan is nice too... I did everything I wanted to on my pure day off and just felt the benefit of chilling out to the max. Rebecca and I even got to sit down and watch a film, I Care A Lot which I had mixed feelings about.

There's an old maxim about writing empathetic characters in films that suggests if you show your character saving a cat you'll win over the heats of your audience. I Care A Lot starts with a character doing the moral opposite of this and then suffers a bit of an identity crisis as it never quite settles on if it wants you to root or despise the main character. It was also overly long, the third act crawled at a snails pace featuring several underwhelming mini heisting style sequences. The subject matter is great though and it certainly hooked me going in, it was just a shame it couldn't sustain it's own momentum over the long haul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment