Sunday 21 March 2021

My Octopus Teacher

 Further unwound by doing a bit of baking after breakfast. My new colleagues are very big on buying office treats for us all. Because I'm frugal I often 'forget' to buy bit like that, so instead I thought I'd bring in some homemade brownies. Stuck to my winning recipe but totally messed up which flour I put in. Rebecca has been attempting some gluten free baking recently and unbeknownst to me I poured in a load of self-raising Gluten Free flour by mistake. The final product didn't suffer too badly thankfully, it puffed up and deflated in the oven a bit so they're all quite dense... Not necessarily a bad thing in a brownie!

Rebecca and I spent our final few hours together this weekend just sitting on the sofa. We watched a documentary called My Octopus Teacher which was basically an episode of Blue Planet plus a reflective narrator. It was a little on the nose at times, but its sincerity provided a surprisingly refreashing tone that kept everything light and focused. Cute little documentary for sure, not life changing like many are toting it as, but its a nice palette clenaser if you feel like all you've watched is snarky, self aware movies for far too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment