Tuesday 2 March 2021

Getting The Call

Did a lot more driving around today than I originally had intended. I brought my laptop down to our second site with the intention of riffling through my receipts and petty cash reconciliation. In reality I got to sit down for 20 minutes, then I was in the road again for the next few hours going back and forth and dropping off boxes. Good thing is that we got through everything today! I was planning on having to do plenty more of that this week but now I think I can work from home undisturbed which will make a nice change of pace.

I took Rebecca out for a spin in the van too, mostly so I could A, show her how my driving has progressed, B, show her wherethe Art Department hangs out and C, so she could help me in with the final leg of boxes to move. (Mostly C in all honesty, but she got some kicks our of travelling with me). As I put the keys in the ignition to drive home I got the call I was waiting for to let me know I got my next gig! Rolling straight into a big one right after this job finishes. I'm excited and a little nervous at the same time, will likely mean a lot of time away from home and Rebecca, but hopefully it'll be just as good a job as my current one.

No comments:

Post a Comment