Wednesday 31 March 2021

Logistical Nightmare

Fell into a false sense of security again today, the moment I thought it'd be an easier day the God's decided to test me and the rest of my department. Some logistical planning all fell through very suddenly and somehow it all landed on my desk. Plus in classic film and TV fashion it  all needed sorting ASAP. Though I dreamt up a plan and chased a few leads my plan turned out to be very expensive (it was last minute after all). So I called up Mark Stopher for some sage advice and he pointed me in the direction of a chap who could help. Turned out that phonecall to Mark saved our show almost a grand's worth of cash! More to finalize tomorrow but I think I've dealt with the worst of it.

For dinner I rustled up my elusive signature dish: pasta puttenesca. Though its a firm favourite of mine, I'm forever cursed to cook it for an audience of one as my cottage buddy was out most of this evening. He enjoyed the leftovers though so at least I got to share it in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment