Saturday 25 February 2012

Jimmy Carr LIVE!

I laid in bed this morning thinking that there is no reason for me to get up, no game I want to play, no obligations I needed to fulfil, I could just stay in bed all day it it may be more productive than actually getting up. Then it hit me as I reached for my 3DS,

'I really want Mario Kart 7, I could go downtown but I can get it cheaper online, but then I would have to wait for it and stuff... Hold up, Ben Chen got me that £10 HMV voucher for my Birthday, unused and ready to go, patiently sitting there in my wallet, it would be cheaper to just go downtown and get it there!'

I was motivated! Got up like a rocket and prepared myself to go out to an oddly empty house. I poked my head around to Granny Sue's side and asked where everyone was, awkward moment soon followed because she thought I was coming in to give her a Birthday present; I had totally forgot it was today. I now had a second motive to go into town - to buy my Granny a bottle of Baileye's Irish Cream Liqueur and get Mario Kart 7; challenge accepted.

After nearly losing my wallet downtown (it turned out to be in my pocket the whole time) I returned home triumphantly with the bottle of fine alcohol and my beloved Mario Kart with a new found sense of accomplishment and purpose, even if it was just until I beat Rainbow Road.

I saw Jimmy Carr live at our local theatre, he was doing a rehearsal type performance where he would work a large number of jokes with an audience and see which ones worked and which didn't. He was just great, amazing comic in person because he had such a good personality and he interacts with an audience really well, at one point he was chasing a woman down the aisle.

I woke up today thinking to myself that today would be just plain rubbish, but you know what, I had a urge to make the most of my day and to try and make it great and it made such a massive difference to have such a positive mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment