Friday 17 February 2012

Til Trouble

At work today I was given a few more responsibilities, the main one being using the til and interacting with customers. It was quite daunting at first because the system is through a big interface but once you learn how to use it you respect how streamlined the software is. However, halfway through the day the til broke, could have been because of me but that seriously dampened the amount of people we could serve and luckily enough I didn't run into any people who complained a lot, the worst thing that happened was that I forgot to give someone a slice of carrot cake, but that was a very minor hiccup in an otherwise smooth operation.

In the evening I met up with some good old friends at a restaurant but I forgot all about the actual event so I ate before I went out, it feels really bad to be the only person who doesn't eat when a the rest of your friends are tucking in, mainly because I got some serious food envy over Mark's calzone.

No comments:

Post a Comment