Thursday 2 February 2012

Koyaanisqatsi

Me and Josh got around to presenting our History essays on the Peasantry today and fortunately it went down quite well, the teacher did single out my presentation skills in the speaking department but addressed them constructively which was quite nice. The most recent game of choice in our breaks has become Windows XP 3d Space Pinball. I was comfortably holding the number 1 position on the scoreboards until Herbie came and destroyed my score and my soul... on his first go. Speaking of Herbie, I am finally beating him on icheckmovies! it took 9 months but I have now caught up with him which, frankly feels amazing.

Very rarely am I in the mood to watch something like Koyaanisqatsi, but I decided early on that I just wanted to get a nice dose of life. It was essentially the tone Terrance Malick seems to be trying to create in most of his films, yet he has to juggle the burden of including a narrative. Koyaanisqatsi on the otherhand was curiously mesmerizing from start to finish, the cinemattography was consistantly innovative while the music suited it perfectally. I'm not sure if I was thinking anything during the movie but I can remember feeling different emotions to various moments, it was a truly unique experience and the fastest 83 minutes of my life; reccommended viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment