Sunday 12 February 2012

Potter Party

Sorry for the absence of a blog yesterday, again I was out at a party that finished at midnight but this one was Harry Potter themed! Pretty much all the 40+ people made an incredible effort to look like someone from JK Rowling's universe, I think the best one by far was the guy who turned up as the troll from the girls bathroom (first movie), he covered himself in grey paint, wore a loincloth, potato sack type thing, was barefoot and carried a club; brilliant.

Today was spent at work again, I was given a new blue work shirt and did a lit more washing up and a little bit of customer service. The best and most awkward moment came from a customer asking for their Birthday cake to come through, to which I told them that I would go ask my manager who out of the corner of my eye disappeared into thin air. I went back to my sink, hoping it would all get taken care of, but the customer came back asking for the cake again so I thought that I would sort it out personally. Went into the food storage room, found their Spider Man cake and lit the candles very badly, singeing some of my arm hair with it. Finally I took out the lit cake very sheepishly to their table expecting an angry customer barking about the lateness of said confectionery, however I was greeted with smiles and claps as I produced it and even got into the spirit of things. The perfect mid-afternoon morale boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment