Monday 21 May 2018

After Effects Part Deux

I took it upon myself to try and catch up with all the Marvel movies I've missed so far so I can watch the latest one with Mark this weekend. I found out the hard way that there's just so bloody many of them! I put on Captain America: Civil War this afternoon and I was a little bit nonplussed by it. It was remarkable just how little of Captain America is actually in this film and how little time is dedicated to his character. Marvel films are always a bit of a mixed bag.

Tried my hand at a bit more of After Effects too today and followed some YouTube tutorials on how to do some simply, but nifty effects. First one is a smoother version of the one I posted a few days ago, with the text coming out from behind an object... but now with added motion blur!


That one didn't take too long to do. This next one though caused me a bit of grief since every tutorial gave me a totally different way to do it, but I kept looking until I found one that worked for me. This is a reveres version, where something swoops in to cover the text. It's imperfect, but it's serviceable: Enjoy some more doughnut footage.


No comments:

Post a Comment