Wednesday 16 May 2018

The Red Turtle

Lotta good things happened along the ride that was today. First up, our new kettle arrived! No longer do we have to rely on our nespresso machine to slowly pump out hot water for our morning coffee - I even tried making a brew under the hot tap this morning... Never again.

Secondly, my driving lesson wasn't half bad. Towards the end my instructor slapped me with a little post-it note and said 'Turn up the pressure and push yourself a bit by booking your test.' That was probably the most encouraging thing he's ever said to me.

Last up, I pinged off yet another application to an impromptu job I saw on Facebook. Sometimes these ones can be quite lucky and I wrote a really solid email to them so fingers crossed, once again.

The only real let-down of the day was The Red Turtle, a film I've been dying to see and tonight all the stars aligned and we decided to watch it. The film just didn't connect with me whatsoever, even when I really tried to go along with it I just felt some barrier between me and the message of the movie. Maybe I just don't have the life experience for it to truly resonate with me? Who knows. May have to give it a re-watch in a few years time.

No comments:

Post a Comment