Friday 12 October 2018

Coffee Mercenary

As part of my work I'll occasionally be asked to go and do some cover work in other Coffee #1 stores, and today marked my first shift outside my usual store. When I turned up the queue was out the door, there was washing up and crockery all over the floor. The already knackered looking girl on the til looked me dead in the eye and instead of introducing herself she gestured to the shop and said 'Its a catastrophe!' Turns out I arrived when the crowd hit critical mass and I spent the next hour solely doing the washing up and firefighting the mess - they were eternally grateful for all my help.

After muscling through that shift, Rebecca, Louis and I drove down to Newbury for an easy going weekend, think I need it after today.

No comments:

Post a Comment