Friday 26 October 2018

Day of Excellence

Today was one of those rare days where I keep remembering just how good my day was. I'm currently working on my next video which will be centered around Grim Fandango, so I got up early to play it and capture a lot of game footage, I also iced the remaining cakes for my team meeting later on in the evening. Already my morning was packed, but I had to cram in a whole bunch of interview preparation whenever I could. I was extremely nervous before going in to meet them and I kept going over all the things I wanted to say to them over and over again in my head. When I finally got in to shake some hands I felt relaxed and ended up having one of the best interviews I think I've ever given. It helped that they really liked the showreel tape I made for them (they continuously and earnestly mentioned just how much they liked it) and once the formal part of the interview concluded, we all just had a nice chat for a few minutes about what we were watching on TV and the like. I walked out with a spring in my step because I knew in that interview I showed off the best possible version of myself and I think they really liked what they saw.

Once I got back home I finished Grim Fandango and got that warm fuzzy feeling that only Grim Fandango could provide, then I got ready to go out for the team meeting at Coffee #1. We had a super brief meeting about the new tea we were serving (China Breakfast in case you were wondering) and our new manager told us about some upcoming changes. Then he announced which team member managed to sell the most seasonal coffees this month, there was a table slapping drum roll, a bag of goodies was produced and placed in front of me. Turns out I upsold the most this month and for my sins I got a collection of local ales! After I was done being humbled we hung up the Halloween decorations and I carved a pumpkin in the shape of a coffee cup... which I am only just now regretting not taking a picture of.We headed to the pub afterwards for a very quick beer before I came home for a well deserved rest.

As I said at the beginning of this post, I found myself repeatedly thinking back to how good my day has been so far, and now that I've put it in writing here I can sit back and nod approvingly at my day one last time before I head to bed and hope tomorrow is just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment