Tuesday 16 October 2018

Stress Baking

Had one of those days where everything made me grumpy. I'm working on a showreel piece as part of my next job application which is moving along a bit slowly at the moment and I had a driving lesson which I thought I was going to ace but instead I mucked up a lot of little bits.

So a handful of elements came together to make me a bit grumpy, nothing a bit of fun baking can't fix is what I thought. For Danish week I made some traditional butter biscuits, the recipe called for the mixture to be piped so I splashed out and got a piping kit - I walked home dreaming of all the different ways I could use it. When it came to the actual act of piping though, the bag totally let me down. None of the provided nozzles were wide enough for my mixture and the bag just leaked greasy, buttery dough everywhere. Get what you pay for in ASDA I guess, I'll be heading in tomorrow for a full refund of £2.

The biscuits themselves came out looking dreadful but tasting very good. While my day was full of tiny uphill battles, at least I had something tasty to snack on by the end of it - a net gain I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment